Challenges to being a
Every industry has its special problems, but the construction industry is truly unique. The construction industry is continuously hammered by uncertainties and challenges:
- Rising cost of material, union dues, and insurance
- Labor shortages
- Bonding requirements: Increased scrutiny of financial reporting from the surety companies
- Complex Regulations and laws
- Line of credit: Increased scrutiny of financial reporting from the bank
- Accounting: Job cost accounting is difficult to track
- Job Claims and labor disputes
- Change orders are hard to get approved
- Complex tax rules
San Jose Construction Accounting Experience - How can we help you?
The problem punch lists seem endless. A shallow understanding of general accounting and taxes is not enough. We take great pride in providing the special construction accounting knowledge and expertise that is needed to help you with the diverse day-to-day operations of your business. With our Bay Area construction accounting experience we can help you with the following:
- Develop financial presentations designed to enhance your image with surety companies. It takes specialized knowledge in the construction industry to prepare financial statements that are formatted correctly and trusted by banks and bonding companies.
- Evaluate the various options for reporting taxable income from long-term contracts on the cash, accrual, percentage-of-completion, or completed-contract method. Compared to big contractors, the tax rules for small/medium contractors are even more complex; but there are also more opportunities to minimize/defer your taxes.
- Identification of Federal and state credits available to lower income and franchise taxes.
- You think the job is doing OK but you ended up losing tons of money? Too much unexpected costs? Too much unrealized change orders? We can help you create a job-cost system and internal controls so you can track job performance, compare them to your budget, and determine ongoing profitability.
- Provide you information on construction accounting industry benchmarks and best practices and improved financial reporting controls.
- Equipment buy vs. lease decision analysis and depreciation.
- Choice of entity considerations for doing business.
- Litigation Consulting.
- Retirement and Cafeteria Plans. Cost certifications, consulting on Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
You Can Count on Us for all Your Bay Area Construction Accounting Needs.
Put our experience and knowledge of the industry to work for you.
Contact us today.